Monday, December 2, 2013

& Cyber Monday and Tuesday Sale!

Hey, friends!  Today is the last day of my Thanksgiving break, and I am a little discombobulated, to tell the truth.  We spent the holiday in Maryland with our in-laws, and while it was great spending time with our little baby niece and the rest of the family, it was the most emotionally draining weekend I've had in a really long time.  I originally thought I'd have time to create a few much-needed resources over the break, but we had to stay in Maryland a little longer for an emergency surgery.  One of my sweet pups, Stella, ate the corner of a towel that we used to keep in her crate, and it caused a bowel obstruction.  She went into surgery on Friday, and we learned that it was worse than they thought.  {I won't go into details here, because it's indelicate, and it makes me WAY too upset.}  It was a pretty major procedure full of removals and reattachments.  Long story short, we picked her up after surgery, and we had to take her to the emergency vet for overnight observation.  We finally got home around midnight, but we didn't sleep well.  Thankfully, there were no complications, and we picked her up at 8:00 the next morning.  We watched her all day Saturday, cuddled with her, force-fed a tiny amount of prescription foods with a cocktail of medicines, and basically tried to love on her as much as possible.  On Saturday morning, she started to eat on her own and had a very successful POTTY!  I've never been so excited to see my dog use the bathroom!  It was a really big milestone!

Our sweet girl was so lethargic.  This is when we noticed she wasn't acting like herself. 
We were permitted to go back with her as she came out of her anesthesia.  Poor pumpkin was so out of it.
Sadly, we had to leave her with my in-laws yesterday because the long trip was not advised, and the vet who performed the surgery wants to see her again tomorrow, so we'll be taking another long drive to pick her up this upcoming Saturday.  Our dogs are like our kids at the moment, so it was SO hard leaving her behind, but we want her to feel better as soon as possible, and the 8 hour drive probably wouldn't have been in her best interest.  I've been a wreck over it.  Right now, I'm just trying not to think about everything too much... other than removing the towel from the crate... throwing away rope toys... and pretty much puppy-proofing our home.  I'm fervently praying that she'll fully recover.  {BIG prayers!}  It was a big financial blow, so I didn't even THINK about going shopping on Black Friday.  We will be celebrating Christmas sans presents this year, but it definitely helped put everything into perspective.  We may not have kids yet, but we have our own precious family, and family is more important than anything we could every buy at the store.  The Mister and I joked about putting a big bow on our sweet girl this year (as long as we could keep her from eating it), but all jokes aside, we're just happy that she's doing well.  The first two weeks are the most critical, but hopefully by Christmas, she'll be fully Humpty Dumptied... and under close supervision for the rest of her dog-gone life.  Her precious little life means so much more than any present ever could.  As you can see, our sweet Stella is wide-eyed, attentive, and snuggled with the Bumble again! What a sweet, sweet blessing!



Any-who!  I suppose it's no surprise that I'm joining in on the site-wide sale over at TpT!  Although my life has been somewhat of a whirlwind over the last month or so, I did manage to finish a set of nonfiction graphic organizers, and I've also been able to carve out enough time to revamp a few of my older files!  To see what's new... or revamped...click on the images below!  Everything is 20% off today and tomorrow, and you can score 28% off of your purchases by entering "CYBER" at the checkout! 



This is my new packet... it's similar to my fiction response sheets... and I LOVE them! :)
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Arctic-Snow-Business-An-Avalanche-of-Nonfiction-Fun-192729
This packet just got a face-lift!  It's so much brighter and cuter!  Make sure to download the update if you already own it!

This packet was my very first unit on TpT, and it needed and update in a very BIG way!  It has major changes to the design!

My mystery unit also got a snazzy new update!  I think it turned out pretty stinkin' cute this time around! :)

 
     
Button
 

Curls and a Smile
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Stacy-Johnson-8985  
 
    
  
  
   
  
 

8 comments:

  1. Best wishes for your Stella's speedy recovery! I've raised three lab/retrievers in my lifetime and they were worth every cent spent at the emergency vet. I am now a Basset Hound Mama to two very old dogs I rescued two years ago, and again....they are worth every medicinal and procedural dime invested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your precious little Stella ((((HUGS)))) But that is fabulous news that she is on the road to recovery now.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two Goldens as well...We had to put one we adopted down when I was pregnant with our second child. It was the hardest thing I have EVER had to do...I am so glad you golden baby is doing ok. I will be thinking about you all. My Molly was my child until I got married and had children. Though she is still my best girl, she stands guard outside the house and alerts us if anything or anyone moves outside...but would never hurt a flea! She has her own princess bed and knows shes the queen of the castle! I just started following your blog and wish you all a very happy holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for a complete and quick recovery for your sweet pup!!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending prayers for your sweet Stella, my parents also have a golden named Stella. Hope she has a speedy recovery!
    Primary Punch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for Stella, you and your hubby. Our fur baby was our everything from day one 'til the day we had to say good bye. She had 3 operations-one that almost took her away from us and tons of vet bills. Fur babies are worth every penny. I am hoping Stella does well. Dogs are incredibly strong!
    Hugs,
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear about Stella! Poor thing- and poor you guys too! I'm sending positive thoughts your way for a speedy recovery for her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending prayers for your fur-baby. I completely understand what an important part of the family our animals become. Our dog got "bloat" almost two years ago (on the exact same day my mother-in-law passed away), and we had to take him to an emergency vet-- out of town. My husband wanted to put him down-- just because he was so emotionally and physically drained. I really pushed to have the emergency surgery, even though there was only a 50-50 chance he would survive. I am happy to report that he survived the surgery well, and he is still with us! My husband thanks me often realizing he wasn't in the right frame of mind to make such a decision that day-- and he is thankful I was there. I learned more than ever how important our own families are-- even if they are made up of our furry friends-- and what a true comfort they can be. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way and wishing your pup a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete