Sunday, February 10, 2013

100th Day Cent-sation: Seizing the Day with BIG KIDS

Okay, this is L-A-T-E.   I started working on this file months ago, and then life happened. Most recently, time slipped away from me in the midst of report cards and parent-teacher conferences.  Ahem, anyway.  :)  My kiddos always ask about the 100th Day of School, and as a third grade teacher, I always feel super guilty that we don't get to have a whole day of fun.  Of course, I also happen to be departmentalized, and I teach Language Arts, so that is a challenge in itself.  Then it dawned on me.  I realized I could make it work!  I just needed to give it a new slant.  Enter Latin roots.  :)  I realized that I could center a few activities around the prefixes cent- and centi- to sneak in a few 100th Day activities to grow their vocabularies!  Score!!!! I know this is a little late for a lot of my readers, but if you are interested, you can check it out HERE!


  1. Amanda,
    What a great idea! I would have loved to have had this when I taught third grade! I'm sure your students (and those who use this) will appreciate your effort to make the 100th day great for them too.


  2. My third graders would have loved this last week! I am so glad this is available for the older grades. We think they would be over the 100th day but they still get totally excited! Thank you!