Sunday, March 18, 2012

May YOU be BLESSED!

Life is so hard sometimes, and I admit, I am not always the best at slowing down enough to be grateful for what I have.  This week, I've watched people I care about cope with terrible illness and the loss of a baby.  I've also been trying to plan a trip to Indiana to see my grandmother...  my last surviving grandparent.  She was diagnosed with melanoma about a year and a half ago.  {My other grandmother passed away from melanoma in the '70s.}

Since her diagnosis, my grandmother had several surgeries and procedures.  When I saw her at my family reunion last summer, it looked like someone took an ice cream scoop to her leg.  It's terrible to see someone you love like that, but we were hopeful.  A few months ago, the cancer metastasized and spread to several organs and her lymph nodes.  Hospice has been involved, and my uncle and his wife have taken great care of her, but this week, we found out that she is having trouble walking and breathing, and they found another mass on one of her legs.  I am worried about her, but you know what?  I realize that worrying is like a rocking chair.  I realize that I need to let go, and let God.  I realize that the best thing I can do right now is love my grandmother... my coworkers... my husband... my students... my co-workers... all of you... my friends... my enemies... love everyone... like crazy.  Lift them up in prayer.  Be patient.  Find joy in the darkness. Realize that every challenge, every loss, every struggle makes me stronger, more humble, and more responsive.  It makes me slow down and listen.  It makes me more responsive to others.  It makes me so thankful for what I have... even when clouds hang overhead.

At any rate, I'm in the process of working on report cards, working on grad school stuff, and planning a trip to Indiana.  I am hoping to have more goodies to share with you soon, but I am pretty preoccupied with tying up loose ends around here.  This is one of those times where I could easily lose sight of all of my blessings and allow myself to dwell on all of the negativity around me.  Honestly though, God has blessed me beyond measure, and for that, I am thankful.  May you also be blessed, and may you be a blessing to others today and always!  Happy Sunday!

Source: http://feathersofinspiration.com/page/2/







16 comments:

  1. Bless you and your sweet grandma.

    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda:
    Sending prayers and across-cyberspace-hugs your way...
    God knows...

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently lost a beloved grandparent and it was not easy, never is. But you are right, worrying it much like a rocking chair. God is in control and knows more then we ever will. Your family and yourself will be in my thoughts.

    thelocoteacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending prayers your way sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post, Amanda! Funny how life slows us down sometimes and puts things in perspective! Prayers for your family and your precious grandmother! Know you are a blessing to those who read your blog!


    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. sending my best to you, your family and especially your grandmother. Grandma are incredible and try to hang onto them as long as you can. mary at apopovic@primus.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your grandma. Mine is battling cancer right now as well, so I will say extra prayers for both of them tonight!
    Sara
    Sara's Subbing Stories

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sending love and happy thoughts your way. What an amazing post. You are so awesome. I couldn't agree more. I need to count my blessings more and more.

    It sounds like your grandma is a wonderful woman. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    Take care of yourself!

    Lyndsey
    A Year of Many Firsts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, I stumbled onto your blog through pinterest and was so uplifted by your post today! May God continue to richly bless you and remind you of his loving presence as you travel down this road with your grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  11. *HUGS* God blesses us in so many ways!! I'm thankful for each and every day I get to have here on Earth with my family! I wish you and your grandma the best!

    ღDeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  12. Strength to you...May you be happy in everything and anything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying this verse over you and your family-

    Numbers 6:24-26
    May the Lord bless you and keep you;
    May the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
    May the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.

    Big hugs Amanda ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thinking of you and wishing both you and your Grandmother well.

    Kate

    Innovate, Create and Relate

    ReplyDelete