Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sometimes Life Happens

Friends, when it rains it pours.  They say everything happens in threes, but sometimes in my experience, it's more widespread than that.  This week, in particular, it happened in fives.  I try really hard to keep this blog about teaching and to keep it going consistently.  However,  I received several phone calls this week that rattled me to the core, and while I am trying my best to let go and let God, the truth is, I'm too overwhelmed to fuss with blogging right now.  Without going into details, here's the scoop.  My family is my top priority, and whatever energy I have left is going to have to be relegated to my own classroom responsibilities for now.  I don't know how long it will be before my next post, but I promise I'll be back.  I think I should be back on track in a week or so, but who really knows how things will go.  Not this lady, that's for sure!  Right now, I'm going to go spend our last day with our highly destructive, anxiety-stricken, LOVING fur baby.  Although it's one of my smaller concerns right now, it still breaks my heart to return my two year old baby to his breeder tomorrow.  I know that we've tried every remedy and every suggestion out there (except maybe Caesar Milan), but it still makes me feel like we've given up on him. I guess it's just another lesson in life.  We are only human, and some things can't be fixed even when we try.  Have a nice week bloggy pals.  I'll be back in a week or two!




19 comments:

  1. Sendin prayers, warm vibes and sunshine your way. Blessings as you travels through a rocky patch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it rains it pours-ain't that the truth! I hope everything starts to smooth out for you soon. Even without new posts this week I will still visit your blog daily to find great ideas from all of your previous posts--you are such an inspiration!

    My heart is with you as part with your dog. I understand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry Amanda...I am sending positive thoughts your way.
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you luck, sending your prayers and good vibes.
    ☺ Tanya
    First Grade is Fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda:
    Sending you warm wishes and prayers for everything to get sorted out and fall back into place

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart breaks for you and your poor pooch. I can't imagine what you are going through. I am sending peace and love your way.

    Faithful in First

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're in our thoughts and prayers! hope you're bak sooner that later!

    Also, just wanted to stop by and share my new GIVEAWAY with you :)
    You can WIN a $20 Gift Card for Amazon and shop till you drop :)

    Come by & enter to WIN!
    http://www.ateacherstreasure.com/2011/11/treasured-giveaway-20-amazon-gift-card.html

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending you positive thoughts! Your teaching ideas are great! and there's lots in the archives to keep us going...so take care of yourself first!

    ReplyDelete
  9. praying for you in whatever you face know that people care and are holding you up in love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear you are having a tough time. Hope things get easier soon.
    Jenn
    Finally in First

    ReplyDelete
  11. Take your time, be with family!! You're right - they come first :) We'll be here when you're ready to come back! In the meantime, I'll be thinking of and praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Prayers for you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amanda,
    I’m with you , and you and all of yours, including your fur babies are in our prayers. I don’t have any words to soften any of the blows that life sends our way, but I do hope that you trust in our Lord and live one day, one step and one situation at a time.
    Big hug going your way!!!! Love you!
    Conchy
    Conchy.Marcano@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hang in there! Positve thoughts and vibes from Australia heading straight at ya!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thankfully, God has already gone before you and He can carry your load. :) Good job giving up blogging until you can refocus. Let Him do the work He needs to do - then you'll be back! :) We appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry you're going through a rough time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hang in there! God is in control. We will miss you but will be here when you get back :)

    Lots of hugs your way,
    Ana
    ana.gonzalez@tcu.edu

    My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest. (Exodus 33:14)

    ReplyDelete